Thursday, February 28, 2013

Johnny Sokko


Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot: The Complete Series is scheduled for release on DVD on March 26th. I have serious nostagilic memories of watching this in syndication in Kansas City when I was around 7 or 8 years old. I rewatched much of the series on Hulu not that long ago and I really enjoyed it. Oh, it's campy and dated to be sure ... but it's also all kinds of awesome!

Imagine being a 7 year old kid and watching another 7 year old kid working as an adult secret agent fighting space aliens with loaded revolver in hand (yeah, I know ... it's stuff like this (Johnny Quest specifically ... must be something to do with "Johnny's") that caused the "Mothers against fun cartoon shows" movement in the 70's) ... to me ... it was AWESOME! Johnny fought evil space aliens and oh, yeah... he had a giant flying Eqyptian themed robot that would obey only him!

For years I thought the show was called, "Giant Robot" ... That's what I remembered Johnny calling the robot. It wasn't until I found the show on Hulu that I re-discovered the show's name and was able to recapture that magic of my youth.

Anyway ... check out Johnny Sokko and I know that I will be pre-ordering my copy.

Regards,


Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment